Sales and Applications Engineer
SEEKING A SALES AND APPLICATIONS ENGINEER WITH AUTOCAD EXPERIENCE. The primary role of this career opportunity is to assist customers/clients by enhancing the thermal performance of their window/door and curtainwall designs, and to perform thermal simulations to illustrate the performance of systems. Responsibilities will also include developing industry relationships and business opportunities with active and prospective customers as well as be a contributing and integral member of the North America corporate sales team. He/she will interface internally with operations and technology team members and externally with partners, clients, vendors, etc.
- Read and modify CAD drawings and understanding of thermal simulation methods.
- Account responsibility includes cultivating the business relationship through regular client contacts (both active and potential customers); serve in a consulting role regarding product design and development; provide technical and application engineering support services; assure efficient and timely problem-solving responses.
- Stay current on market, competition and industry trends, and technological advancements to assure company maintains a competitive edge.
- Assist clients, prospects (architects, engineering consultants, and commercial construction companies), and corporate sales team in assessing requirements and developing specifications.
- Lead projects to implement or introduce new technology and incremental innovations.
- Develop and give presentations—answering questions and instilling confidence in customers related to the thermal break market.
- Participate and assist in national and regional trade shows/exhibitions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational and professional organizations, maintaining personal networks and reading professional publications.
- Domestic and limited international travel required (passport necessary) for interface with international colleagues.
Your required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the field of Engineering (i.e. Mechanical, Materials, Civil, Engineering Technology), Architecture, Building Construction, or similar
- Sales Skills: no prior experience required, however, must be a self-starter with friendly and open personality, and a desire to meet and establish business relationships with new people
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented environment
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
- Problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking skills a must
- Customer focused
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
- Must be organized and work with constant priority changes
- Familiarity with domestic and international freight
- Fenestration Industry specific training and certification (i.e. NFRC Simulator Certification)
- Ability to read and understand Profit and Loss documentation for strategic planning
- Six-sigma and/or Lean Process training or certification
- Knowledge of SalesForce™ or other CRM
- Understanding of basic plastics manufacturing processes
- Project Management experience preferred
- Place to learn and grow particular knowledge and experience, along with a varied exposure to different processes and teams.
- A chance to work in a fast paced manufacturing company focusing on Innovation and Growth.
- Provides a model for flexible work time to create a work-life balance.
- Understand and grow the market, customers and product application.
Travel Required: approx. 50%
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio or Kingsport, TN
Please send your full application to the following:
Technoform Bautec North America, Inc.